Upcoming Social Clubs & Events.
Our Community Support Workers are always keeping busy, organising a variety of events and social clubs throughout Lincolnshire for those with visual impairments and their carers. These help those who may feel isolated to be able to get out and meet others who may be in the same situation as them in a relaxed atmosphere. It’s always great to see both new and old faces and help people socialise more! So for any more information or enquires about social groups that are available to you , please do not hesitate to contact us on 01476 592775.
Grantham Social’eyes’ Group.
Pop into the Grantham Office on 14 Finkin Street, NG31 6QZ between 10-12am on a Thursday. To meet new people, see the latest technology available and listen to some of our wonderful guest speakers.
Upcoming guest speakers and demonstrations for Grantham Social’eyes’;
Thursday 13th September – British Legion
Thursday 11th October – Lives Defibrillator Training
Thursday 18th October – Synapptic
Thursday 1st November – Grantham Bell Ringers
Boston’s Luncheon Club.
Join us for our monthly lunch club at the Queen of Spades in Boston between 12.30 and 2.30pm for £8.50 per person
Everybody’s welcome so why not bring your family and friends along!
South Lincolnshire Blind Society, Vision Aid and Synapptic invite you…
To try the latest magnifying & reading aids, come to our next drop in day ;
Monday 24th September – Len Medlock voluntary Centre, St Georges Road, Boston,
PE21 8YB 10.30am – 2.30pm.
Thursday 4th October – 14 Finkin Street, Grantham, NG31 6QZ 10am -12pm.
Regular Social Clubs.
Join one of our regular clubs in your area for the opportunity to talk to others, make new friends, listen to guest speakers and learn about some of the latest gadgets and technology to help you make the most of your sensory loss.
- Grantham Wednesday Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church- Fortnightly on a Wednesday from 2pm – 4pm.
- Grantham Monday Club – Sandon Road Community Centre – Fortnightly on a Monday from 2pm to 4pm.
- Grantham Riverside Club – Riverside Community Centre – Fortnightly on a Monday 2pm to 4pm
- Grantham Target Shooting Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church – Every Friday from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
- Grantham Swim Club – Belton Wood Hotel – Fortnightly on a Monday 12noon – 1pm.
- Spalding all day Social’eyes’ – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – First Monday of month 10am -3pm.
- Spalding Monday Social Club – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – Third Monday of month 12 – 2pm.
- Bourne Social Club – Manor Court West Street – Every Wednesday except the first Wednesday of the month 2pm – 4pm.
- Stamford Social’eyes’ – Clare Close Community Centre – First Friday of the month 12.30 – 2.30pm.
- North Hykeham – Methodist Church – Fortnightly on Wednesday 2pm – 4pm.