Upcoming Social Clubs & Events.
Our Community Support Workers are always keeping busy, organising a variety of events and social clubs throughout Lincolnshire for those with visual impairments and their carers. These help those who may feel isolated to be able to get out and meet others who may be in the same situation as them in a relaxed atmosphere. It’s always great to see both new and old faces and help people socialise more! So for any more information or enquires about social groups that are available to you , please do not hesitate to contact us on 01476 592775.
Royal National College for the Blind (RNC) would like to extend an invite to their next open day!
The day will include information on independent living skills, mobility, assistive technology and advice around education, health and care plans.
The open day will be on Friday 7th December 2018, 11am-5pm.
Its a fantastic opportunity to
- meet current students and staff.
- Discuss funding, carers and transitions.
- Attend lesson drop-in sessions
- Tour the campus focusing on their unique programme featuring; Independent living skills, mobility, ICT, braille.
For more information and to request a booking form, please don’t hesitate to contact the RNC on 01432 376621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grantham Social’eyes’ Group.
Pop into the Grantham Office on 14 Finkin Street, NG31 6QZ between 10-12am on a Thursday. To meet new people, see the latest technology available and listen to some of our wonderful guest speakers.
Upcoming guest speakers and demonstrations for Grantham Social’eyes’;
Thursday 1st November – Grantham Bell Ringers
Thursday 8th November – Grantham Fire Service
Boston Social’eyes’ Group.
Our NEW Boston Social’eyes’ group is held at the Len Medlock Voluntary Centre, between 10am till 12 noon. At the group you will find a very warm welcome and the opportunity to talk to others, meet new people, listen to guest speakers, learn about some of the latest gadgets and technology and find out about additional services and support available. There is a small charge of £3.00 for this group to help cover running costs and refreshments.
Upcoming Guest speakers and demonstrations for Boston Social’eyes;
12th December – Christmas Quiz and Mince Pies!
Sleaford Social’eyes’ Group.
This NEW group started in September and has enjoyed its first session, seeing new members who have not traditionally joined a group. Feedback from the first session was very positive and enjoyable! Why not pop along to our future sessions to meet new people, see the latest technology available and listen to some of our wonderful guest speakers at The Town Hall, Quayside house, Navigation Yard, NG34 7TW between 10am and 12 noon. A small charge of £3.00 is asked to help cover running costs and refreshments.
Upcoming Guest Speakers, demonstrations and sessions for Sleaford Social’eyes;
26th November – Lincs Community, Priority Services Talk
10th December – Christmas Quiz and Mince Pies!
Christmas Afternoon Tea.
Come and join us for a special Christmas Afternoon Tea at the South Holland Centre on the 7th December at 12.30. For only £11.50 per head, everyone is welcome so why not bring along a friend or family member. Please call the office to book your place as spaces are limited. Christmas jumpers optional!
Daytime Christmas Carol Concert.
Join us for our annual Christmas Carol Concert. This year we are lucky enough to hold our concert in St Wulfrums Church, Grantham, NG31 6RR. This is a wonderful church and will mean that we have plenty of space for everyone who wishes to join us. This year we will not only be joined by the National School Choir but also a local Ukulele Band. We will have a selection of Christmas songs, some lovely mince pies, a raffle and plenty of Christmas Cheer. The Concert will be held on Thursday 13th December from 10am – 12pm and will cost just £3 per person.
Join us for a spectacular evening of song!
We are very excited to tell you that the famous Rock Choir, U3A Choir and our local ladies choir called ‘invoice’ are putting their vocal chords to good use and giving up an evening to raise funds for the Blind Society. The event will take place at St Wulfrums Church, Grantham on Thursday 13th December starting at 7pm. Tickets will be £10.00 each and all proceeds will be used to help us to continue to provide charitable services across our area. A small Christmas Market Place with local gifts and crafts on sale will also be held in the church for you to browse and help support local businesses. Please call to book a place!
Regular Social Clubs.
Join one of our regular clubs in your area for the opportunity to talk to others, make new friends, listen to guest speakers and learn about some of the latest gadgets and technology to help you make the most of your sensory loss. Please call the office to arrange joining one of the clubs.
- Grantham Wednesday Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church- Fortnightly on a Wednesday from 2pm – 4pm.
- Grantham Monday Club – Sandon Road Community Centre – Fortnightly on a Monday from 2pm to 4pm.
- Grantham Riverside Club – Riverside Community Centre – Fortnightly on a Monday 2pm to 4pm
- Grantham Target Shooting Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church – Every Friday from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
- Grantham Swim Club – Belton Wood Hotel – Fortnightly on a Monday 12noon – 1pm.
- Spalding all day Social’eyes’ – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – First Monday of month 10am -3pm.
- Spalding Monday Social Club – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – Third Monday of month 12 – 2pm.
- Bourne Social Club – Manor Court West Street – Every Wednesday except the first Wednesday of the month 2pm – 4pm.
- Stamford Social’eyes’ – Clare Close Community Centre – First Friday of the month 12.30 – 2.30pm.
- North Hykeham – Methodist Church – Fortnightly on Wednesday 2pm – 4pm.
- Boston Lunch Club – Queen of Spades – Monthly between 12.30 and 2.30pm for £8.50 per person.