Upcoming Social Clubs & Events.
Our Community Support Workers are always keeping busy, organising a variety of events and social clubs throughout Lincolnshire for those with visual impairments and their carers. These help those who may feel isolated to be able to get out and meet others who may be in the same situation as them in a relaxed atmosphere. It’s always great to see both new and old faces and help people socialise more! So for any more information or enquires about social groups that are available to you , please do not hesitate to contact us on 01476 592775.
Join us for a gorgeous strawberry cream tea in Sutton Bridge!
On Monday 22nd July 2019 1pm -3pm
At the Curlew Centre, Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, PE12 9SA
For only £3 per person, please call us on 01476 592775 to book a place.
Strawberry Cream Tea & Ukulele Band!
Come and join us for a strawberry cream tea whilst we enjoy your local Stamford Ukulele band.
On Friday 19th July 2019
At the Community Room, Clare Close, Stamford, PE9 2QA 12.30pm – 2.30pm
For only £3.00 per person, please call us on 01476 592775 to book a place.
OrCam’s Free Demonstration Days.
Orcam MyEye is an intuitive wearable device with a lightweight smart camera, designed to assist people who are blind or partially sighted. They can help to;
- Read printed or digital text: Letters, Books, Newspapers, Menus, Smartphone screens and more.
- Recognise faces of friends and family.
- Identify stored products, banknotes and colours.
- Reads and identifies barcodes.
Wednesday 31st July – Church Hall, Navenby 10.30am – 3.30pm
Thursday 8th August – Town Hall, Sleaford 10.30am – 3.30pm
Friday 9th August – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds, Spalding 10.30 – 3.30pm
Wednesday 2nd October – Green School, Market Deeping 10am – 1pm
RNIB Technology Support Days.
At 14 Finkin Street, Grantham, NG31 6QZ. From 10am – 2pm.
Wednesday 3rd July – Apple Devices
Tuesday 23rd July – Android Devices
Wednesday 24th July – Synapptic Devices
Please call the office on 01476 592775 for more information and to book a place.
Try the latest magnifying and reading aids with South Lincolnshire Blind Society and Visionaid technologies at this years drop in days!
To request a Low Vision Solutions Catalogue or to book a FREE in-home demonstration call Visionaid technologies on 01775 711977.
Wednesday 24th July 10am – 12am at The Len Medlock Voluntary Centre, St Georges Road, PE21 8YB
Thursday 25th July 1pm – 3pm at The Town Hall, Quayside House, Navigation Yard, Sleaford, NG34 7TW
Thursday 14th November 10am – 12am at 14 Finkin Street, Grantham, NG31 6QZ
Thursday 28th November 1pm – 3pm at The Town Hall, Quayside House, Navigation Yard, Sleaford, NG34 7TW
Wednesday 11th December 10am – 12am at The Len Medlock Voluntary Centre, St Georges Road, PE21 8YB
Grantham Social’eyes’ Group.
Pop into the Grantham Office on 14 Finkin Street, NG31 6QZ between 10-12am on a Thursday. To meet new people, see the latest technology available and listen to some of our wonderful guest speakers.There is a small charge of £3.00 for this group to help cover running costs and refreshments.
Upcoming guest speakers and demonstrations for Grantham Social’eyes’;
Thursday 1st August – Wellbeing Services
Thursday 8th August – Free social session
Thursday 15th August – Humanware Technologies
Thursday 22nd August – Free Social Session
Thursday 29th August – Quiz
Boston Social’eyes’ Group.
Our NEW Boston Social’eyes’ group is held at the Len Medlock Voluntary Centre, between 10am till 12 noon. At the group you will find a very warm welcome and the opportunity to talk to others, meet new people, listen to guest speakers, learn about some of the latest gadgets and technology and find out about additional services and support available. There is a small charge of £3.00 for this group to help cover running costs and refreshments.
Upcoming Guest speakers and demonstrations for Boston Social’eyes;
Wednesday 24th July – VisionAid
Wednesday 14th August – Synapptic Software
Wednesday 28th August – Humanware
Wednesday 11th September – Wellbeing Lincs
Sleaford Social’eyes’ Group.
This NEW group started in September and has enjoyed its first session, seeing new members who have not traditionally joined a group. Feedback from the first session was very positive and enjoyable! Why not pop along to our future sessions to meet new people, see the latest technology available and listen to some of our wonderful guest speakers at The Town Hall, Quayside house, Navigation Yard, NG34 7TW between 1pm and 3pm.A small charge of £3.00 is asked to help cover running costs and refreshments.
Upcoming Guest Speakers, demonstrations and sessions for Sleaford Social’eyes;
Thursday 25th July – VisionAid
Thursday 15th August – Lincolnshire Fire & Safety
Thursday 12th September – Humanware Technologies
Regular Social Clubs.
Join one of our regular clubs in your area for the opportunity to talk to others, make new friends, listen to guest speakers and learn about some of the latest gadgets and technology to help you make the most of your sensory loss. Please call the office to arrange joining one of the clubs.
- Grantham Wednesday Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church- Fortnightly on a Wednesday from 2pm – 4pm.
- Grantham Monday Club – Sandon Road Community Centre – Fortnightly on a Monday from 2pm to 4pm.
- Grantham Target Shooting Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church – Every Friday from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
- Grantham Swim Club – Belton Wood Hotel – Fortnightly on a Monday 12noon – 1pm.
- Grantham Choir – 14 Finkin Street, Grantham, NG31 6QZ – Every Friday at 2pm.
- Spalding all day Social’eyes’ – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – First Monday of month 10am -3pm.
- Spalding Monday Social Club – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – Third Monday of month 12 – 2pm.
- Bourne Social Club – Manor Court West Street – Every Wednesday except the first Wednesday of the month 2pm – 4pm.
- Stamford Social’eyes’ – Clare Close Community Centre – First Friday of the month 12.30 – 2.30pm.
- North Hykeham – Methodist Church – Fortnightly on Wednesday 2pm – 4pm.
- Boston Lunch Club – Queen of Spades – Monthly between 12.30 and 2.30pm for £8.50 per person.