Upcoming Social Clubs & Events.
Our Community Support Workers are always keeping busy, organising a variety of events and social clubs throughout Lincolnshire for those with visual impairments and their carers. These help those who may feel isolated to be able to get out and meet others who may be in the same situation as them in a relaxed atmosphere. It’s always great to see both new and old faces and help people socialise more! So for any more information or enquires about social groups that are available to you , please do not hesitate to contact us on 01476 592775.
Grantham Social’eyes’ Group.
Pop into the Grantham Office on 14 Finkin Street, NG31 6QZ between 10-12am on a Thursday. To meet new people, see the latest technology available and listen to some of our wonderful guest speakers.
Upcoming guest speakers and demonstrations for Grantham Social’eyes’;
Thursday 3rd January – Christmas Catch-up!
Thursday 10th January – Carers First.
Thursday 17th January – Holistic Hearing aids.
Thursday 31st January – Lincs Community – Priority Services
Thursday 7th February – Grantham Specsavers.
Boston Social’eyes’ Group.
Our NEW Boston Social’eyes’ group is held at the Len Medlock Voluntary Centre, between 10am till 12 noon. At the group you will find a very warm welcome and the opportunity to talk to others, meet new people, listen to guest speakers, learn about some of the latest gadgets and technology and find out about additional services and support available. There is a small charge of £3.00 for this group to help cover running costs and refreshments.
Upcoming Guest speakers and demonstrations for Boston Social’eyes;
23rd January – Wellbeing Lincs
13th February – Chatterton’s Solicitors – Wills & Power of Attorney
27th February – Carers First
13th March – Revd Aly Buxton – talk on Boston Stump
Sleaford Social’eyes’ Group.
This NEW group started in September and has enjoyed its first session, seeing new members who have not traditionally joined a group. Feedback from the first session was very positive and enjoyable! Why not pop along to our future sessions to meet new people, see the latest technology available and listen to some of our wonderful guest speakers at The Town Hall, Quayside house, Navigation Yard, NG34 7TW between 10am and 12 noon. A small charge of £3.00 is asked to help cover running costs and refreshments.
Upcoming Guest Speakers, demonstrations and sessions for Sleaford Social’eyes;
14th January – Chatterton Solicitors – Wills and Power of Attorney
28th January – Sleaford Talking Newspaper
11th February – Lincolnshire Police – Friends against scams
25th February – Wellbeing Services
11th March Seated Tai Chi and fall prevention
Regular Social Clubs.
Join one of our regular clubs in your area for the opportunity to talk to others, make new friends, listen to guest speakers and learn about some of the latest gadgets and technology to help you make the most of your sensory loss. Please call the office to arrange joining one of the clubs.
- Grantham Wednesday Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church- Fortnightly on a Wednesday from 2pm – 4pm.
- Grantham Monday Club – Sandon Road Community Centre – Fortnightly on a Monday from 2pm to 4pm.
- Grantham Riverside Club – Riverside Community Centre – Fortnightly on a Monday 2pm to 4pm
- Grantham Target Shooting Club – Harrowby Lane Methodist Church – Every Friday from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
- Grantham Swim Club – Belton Wood Hotel – Fortnightly on a Monday 12noon – 1pm.
- Spalding all day Social’eyes’ – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – First Monday of month 10am -3pm.
- Spalding Monday Social Club – Hayley Stewart Football Grounds – Third Monday of month 12 – 2pm.
- Bourne Social Club – Manor Court West Street – Every Wednesday except the first Wednesday of the month 2pm – 4pm.
- Stamford Social’eyes’ – Clare Close Community Centre – First Friday of the month 12.30 – 2.30pm.
- North Hykeham – Methodist Church – Fortnightly on Wednesday 2pm – 4pm.
- Boston Lunch Club – Queen of Spades – Monthly between 12.30 and 2.30pm for £8.50 per person.