Here at the South Lincolnshire Blind Society, we accommodate all levels of Visual Impairment.
We offer those with sight-loss ,visits from our Community Support Workers, who provide a vital support system through advice, training, equipment and information; all of which are aimed at enabling those with sight-loss to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Depending on the level of sight-loss someone is dealing with, many can find themselves becoming very isolated. Recognizing that this would play a huge part in the quality of someone’s life and in their mentality towards their sight-loss, we offer and encourage service users to facilitate our home-visiting/befriending service, which can reach those who are perhaps unable to get themselves to social events, such as our independently volunteer-run social clubs and coffee-morning get-togethers around South Lincolnshire.
In addition to all our volunteer-driven services, we are fortunate enough to be able to offer a further wide range of supportive services, such as:
- British Wireless for the Blind Agents.
- Talking Books and Talking Newspapers.
- Emotional Support Service.
- Quarterly newsletter packed full of useful information.
- Demonstrations of specialist equipment, designed for visually impaired people to use both in their homes and out and about.
- Information on eye conditions and how to look after your sight.
- Advice on lighting and contrast to maximise the use of low vision.
- Specialist sight impairment officers.
- Rehabilitation and Mobility services.
- Local support groups and social activities.
- Book Groups.
- Specialist resource centre in Grantham.
- Help and information about benefits and concessions for people with sight loss and their carers.
- Carer Support Services.
- Specialist support from Guide dogs, RNIB, Children’s services, local authority.
- Advocacy services.
- Technology solutions, mobiles, tablets, ipads.
- Training in Visual Impairment Guiding.
For more information on any of the mentioned services, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our team at 01476 592775, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.