Here at the South Lincolnshire Blind Society, we accommodate all levels of Visual Impairment.
We offer those with sight-loss ,visits from our Community Support Workers, who provide a vital support system through advice, training, equipment and information; all of which are aimed at enabling those with sight-loss to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
Depending on the level of sight-loss someone is dealing with, many can find themselves becoming very isolated. Recognizing that this would play a huge part in the quality of someone’s life and in their mentality towards their sight-loss, we offer and encourage service users to facilitate our home-visiting/befriending service, which can reach those who are perhaps unable to get themselves to social events, such as our independently volunteer-run social clubs and coffee-morning get-togethers around South Lincolnshire.
In addition to all our volunteer-driven services, we are fortunate enough to be able to offer a further wide range of supportive services, such as:
- The only Emotional Support Service specifically for Visually Impaired people in South Lincolnshire.
- Information about the different eye conditions, advice on lighting and contrast to maximize the use of low vision, and the knowledge of other organizations who can offer further support and advice.
- The demonstration and provision of the latest and very best equipment, designed for visually impaired people to use both in their homes and out and about. Training in Visual Impairment, Guiding, and in how to use the equipment on offer; e.g. help with the identification of controls such as washing machines, radios, CD players and remote controls.
- Furthermore, as well as our own services on offer, we are able to assist those who are registered blind in obtaining specialist radio/CD players from The British Wireless for the Blind Fund, and to receive talking books and newspapers.
- The Blind Society is also a Trusted Assessor for Carers with Lincolnshire County Council, and prides itself in the help and support it can offer eligible Carers.
For more information on any of the mentioned services, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our team at 01476 592775, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.