Lincolnshire Sensory Services
From 1st April 2016, Lincolnshire Sensory Services, a team of three charities have delivered Lincolnshire County Council’s sensory impairment support services. The joint enterprise is a partnership between charities Action on Hearing Loss, Lincoln and Lindsey Blind Society (LLBS) and the South Lincolnshire Blind Society (SLBS) to promote independence, wellbeing and accessibility.
Building on the good work of the previous provider BID Services, known locally as Sensory Impairment Lincolnshire County Services (SILCS), this partnership provides extensive expertise and specialist support services for people who are visually impaired, hard of hearing, deafened, deaf or have a dual sensory loss. And work closely with families, carers and professionals to increase understanding of the impact sensory loss has on a person and help improve access to activities and services
Supportive Services provided by Lincolnshire Sensory Services include;
- Registration of sight, hearing and dual sensory loss.
- Rehabilitation Support.
- Mobility Training.
- Equipment Provision and Demonstration.
- Advice and Support services.
Michael Quinlan, Head of Services for the Central region at Action on Hearing Loss said:
“As a national charity, we’ve been running specialist support services for those with hearing loss across the UK since 1911. We’re really looking forward to working with our new partners to deliver a top quality dual sensory service for people in Lincolnshire. Across the partnership organisations we have access to over 300 trained volunteers and plan to recruit a further 50 to help us deliver an extensive county-wide outreach service. ”
“This is an exciting new partnership. The service will make a great difference to the lives of sensory impaired people, as the support they will receive will mean that they can continue to live at home, enabling them to retain their independence.” – Mandy Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Lincoln & Lindsey Blind Society.
“We are very happy to be a key partner in the new sensory support service for Lincolnshire. We bring many years of local knowledge and established networks to the partnership continuing to ensure that sensory support is accessible for all.” – Malcolm Swinburn, Chief Executive Officer for South Lincolnshire Blind Society
“From time to time we are legally obliged to subject contracts to competition. We’ve updated our contract after consulting with people who are sensory impaired considering new national and local policy. The new contract will support more people, encourage a reduction in social isolation, better use of technology and a more integrated approach to working with health organisations and other partners. Although the provider is changing, people should continue getting the same service as they have been getting before. We’ll be working with the old and new providers to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible.” – Cllr Mrs Patricia Bradwell, executive councillor for Adult Care and Children’s Services at Lincolnshire County Council
For more information, contact the Lincolnshire Sensory Services team on 01476 589513 or via email at email@example.com
• Action on Hearing Loss is the national charity helping people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss to live the life they choose. Action on Hearing Loss enables them to take control of their lives and remove the barriers in their way, giving people support and care, developing technology and treatments, and campaigning for equality. For more information about how Action on Hearing Loss supports those with deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss in local communities please visit the website: https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/supporting-you.aspx.
• Lincoln & Lindsey Blind Society are a local independent charity who employ a team of staff, based in local communities, who work to support and help visually impaired people and families at home. They exist to enhance the quality of life of visually impaired people, whatever their age or circumstances in life.Helpline 01507 605604.
• South Lincolnshire Blind Society provide specialist support, information, advice and demonstration of specialist equipment and carer support services.
Helpline: 01476 592775